god loves you, he offers you a full and meaningful life
God showed His love for us by sending "His One and Only Son (Jesus) into the world so that we may have eternal life.
John 3:16 , 17- "For God so loved the world, (that's you and me) that he gave his only Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him.
This life is made possible by Christ's death and resurrection
Romans 5:8 - "God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
A full and meaningful life includes.....
- Forgiveness of sin - Ephesians 1:7 - "In Him (Jesus) we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace
- Fellowship in the family of God - Galatians 3:26 - "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus".
- Strength for daily living - Philippians 4:19 - "My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus"
God's word is essential for spiritual growth just as food is for your physical growth
1Peter 2:2-3 - "Like newborn infants, long for pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up in your salvation,"
- God's Word will help you grow. READ IT DAILY
- God's Word will guide you. HEAR IT TAUGHT
- God's Word will keep you from sin. MEMORIZE AND OBEY IT
- God's Word will teach you how to live. STUDY IT
- God's Word will inspire you. MEDITATE ON IT
- God's Word will work. PRACTICE IT
WHERE TO START?
A great place to start is by reading in Proverbs. Proverbs is a book in the Bible that focuses on being wise. There are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs, try reading one chapter a day and in a months time you will have read all of the Proverbs! Follow that up with reading 1 John. God Bless your Journey!